- Tourism is one of Victoria’s fastest growing industries and delivers over $25 billion to the state economy
- Tourism and events employ over 214,500 Victorians – that’s 7 percent of the state’s workforce
- The industry is poised for unprecedented growth, but needs Government investment to realise its full potential
- Targeted investment in infrastructure, transport, marketing, events and people will create thousands of new jobs in the industry and boost visitor expenditure
- Without government action, Victoria risks losing ground to other states and competing international markets.
- VTIC’s campaign – Tourism is Victoria’s Business – provide a Five Point Plan to create jobs, support business and grow the visitor economy.
- For more information about the campaign, visit tourismisvictoriasbusiness.com.au
Not sure who your local MP is? Find out here: https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/about/electorates
Please contact VTIC for further information